About: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities. The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make the change. They are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
- Science and technology for development.
- Strengthening health systems and capacity.
- Promoting global prosperity.
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance.
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- To apply for these scholarships, you must:
o Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
o Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
o Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021.
o By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
o Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country.
o Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
o Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Approved tuition fees – funded by the CSC • Stipend (living allowance)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home
- Reimbursement of the cost of mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied).
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
- You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
- You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship.
For more details, Visit Commonwealth Scholarship UK.