IIT Delhi invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF) in its various academic units to further promote inter-disciplinary research activities, strengthen research culture, enhance research output of the Institute and groom potential faculty.
Who can apply?
• Indian Nationals of General/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS category as well as with physical disability
• Maximum age is 32 years for male candidates and 35 years for female candidates. Age relaxation for candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS category as well as with physical disability to be done as per Govt. of India guidelines.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
• Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade in preceding degree with consistently good academic record
• Minimum two referred publications in Journals/Conferences out of which at least one should be in a reputed journal.
Remuneration & Benefit:
- Fellowship of Rs. 60,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA) at the Govt. of India rate for New Delhi. No Institute accommodation will be provided.
- Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of Rs. 1.00 lakh per financial year (April-March) from the date of joining the Institute. PDA will be apportioned @ Rs. 25000 for every quarter from the date of joining. PDA not availed in the previous financial year will be carried forward to the next financial year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To perform scholastic research in cutting-edge areas of academic units and support teaching activities by conducting practical and delivering tutorials. PDF should be attached to a research group, not to an individual faculty. PDFs are expected to publish research articles with IIT Delhi affiliation in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present research work at reputed conferences.
Tenure of Appointment:
- Initially for one year (on contract), which can be extended for another year on same Terms & Conditions based on an assessment of performance
- APPLIED MECHANICS : Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Metallurgy and Material Science, Design Engineering
- BIOCHEMICAL ENGG. & BIOTECHNOLOGY : Biochemical Engg., Industrial Biotechnology
- CHEMICAL ENGG. : Renewable and Conventional Energy Technologies, Bioprocessing for Pharmaceuticals, Interfacial Energy and Nanotechnology, Molecular to Process Scale Simulation, Advance Novel Materials
- CHEMISTRY : All areas of Chemistry.
- CIVIL ENGG. : Environmental: Sustainable Built Environment, Risk Assessment of Emerging Contaminants from Water, Aerosol Climate and Health, Carbon Sequestration using Alkaline Waste Materials; Geotech: Geotechnical Engg./ Rock Engg., Structures: Structural Engg. and Construction Management; Transportation: All areas of Transportation Engg., including but not limiting to, Transport planning, Traffic Engg., and Pavement Engg.; Water Resources: Water Resources and related areas.
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGG. : High Performance Computing and Visualization, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Wired and Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing and Machine-to-Machine, Algorithms & Complexity, Logic & Verification, Information Management, Data Science & Big Data, Computer Vision, Graphics & Robotics, Programming Languages, Semantics, Analysis & Language Implementation, Distributed & Multicore Computing, Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Systems & Information Security, Human Computer Interaction, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, VLSI and EDA.
- ELECTRICAL ENGG. : All areas of Electrical Engineering including Integrated Electronics & Circuits, Control & Automation, Communication & Radar, Computer Technology, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines & Drives.
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES : Economics, English (Literature), Linguistics, Philosophy, Policy Studies, Psychology, Sociology.
- MANAGEMENT STUDIES : Operations & SCM, Finance, HR & Organizational Studies, Marketing, Information Technology, Economics, Technology Management and IPR, Telecom Technology Management, and Strategic Management.
- MATHEMATICS : Pure Mathematics: Algebra, Dynamical System, Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis, Number Theory, Coding Theory, Cryptography, and Topology; Applied Mathematics: Numerical and Scientific Computing, Matrix Theory, Partial Differential Equations, and Wavelets and Applications; Statistics and Operations Research: Queuing Theory, and Optimizations; Computer Applications: Graph Theory, Statistical Classification and Clustering, Semantics and Language, Algorithms, and Combinatorics.
- MECHANICAL ENGG. : All areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- PHYSICS : Ultrafast Optics, Theoretical / Computational Physics, Plasma Physics.
- TEXTILE AND FIBRE ENGINEERING : Yarn Manufacturing, Fabric Manufacturing, Fibre Science, Textile Chemical Processing.
- APPLIED RESEARCH IN ELECTRONICS : All areas of Applied Research in Electronics.
- ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES : Ocean Modelling, Climate Modelling, Meso-scale Studies, Atmospheric dispersion.
- BIOMEDICAL ENGG. : All areas of Biomedical Engg.
- ENERGY STUDIES: Electrical Power Systems, Experimental Plasma Science and Technology, Internal Combustion Engines and Alternative Fuels, Photovoltaic Devices and Systems, Solar Thermal Energy.
- INDUSTRIAL TRIBOLOGY, MACHINE DYNAMICS & MAINTENANCE ENGG.
- Maintenance Engineering and Reliability, Condition Monitoring, Lubrication, Tribological Materials.
- RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY: All areas Rural Development and Technology.
- BHARTI SCHOOL OF TELECOMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT: All areas of Telecommunication Technology and Management.
- AMAR NATH & SHASHI KHOSLA SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: All areas of Information Technology.
- KUSUMA SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES: All areas of Biological Sciences.
- The specializations or research areas mentioned above against each Department/Centre/School are only indicative and not exhaustive. The Institute is open to receiving applications from candidates with specialization in these as well as in other related areas.
- The minimum requirement of qualifications and/or experience may be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates in certain areas.
- Mere fulfilment of required minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for presentation/discussion.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts advertised.
- Separate online application must be filled, if a candidate is applying for a Post Doctoral Fellowship in more than one Departments/Centres/or Schools.
- The candidates called for presentation/discussion will be paid AC 2-Tier train fare or Economy Class air fare and AC Taxi fare (from Airport/Railway Station/ISBT & back) or actual travel expenditure, whichever is less, from their place of residence/work to the Institute and back by the shortest route within India.
How to apply?
- It is a requirement that the candidate visit the Job Section on IIT Delhi website (http://www.iitd.ac.in/jobs-iitd/index.html), prepare and submit the duly completed applications for appointment against the above position. The website also contains useful
- information on various aspects of working and living at IIT Delhi as well as on the recruitment process.
- As a precaution, after submitting the application through the website, please retain a printed copy of the application with you. Candidates employed with Government/Semi-Government
- Organizations or with Autonomous Bodies must print a copy of the electronic submission and submit the printed version through proper channel at the address given below.
- However, only in those cases where Internet access is not available, an application form may be obtained from the Office of Joint Registrar (E-I) by sending a self-addressed envelope (26 cm x
- 11 cm) to the address given below. The completed application may be sent by post to the same
address. In those cases where Internet access is available, the application must be submitted through the website only.
Address for Communication:
Joint Registrar (E-I) IIT Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016 INDIA
Telephone: +91 11 26591716 Fax: +91 11 26597216