PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 – Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh invites application for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered for academic session beginning in July 2021. The admission to PhD Program will be done through the Entrance Test to be conducted by the institute on 05th June 2021
Interested candidates can fill the online application on or before 27th April 2021. Check out for details on PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 such as eligibility criteria, the application process, fees, selection and more.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration Online Application :- 05th March 2021
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application :- 27th April 2021
- Date & Time of Online Exam (CBT) :- 05th June 2021
- Expected Date & Time of Declaration of Result :- 12th June 2021
- Date & Time of Counseling (tentative) :- 22nd June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates applying for Ph.D programme for July 2021 session must fulfill the following qualification(s) as on the last day of submission of online application:
- General Eligibility :- A Candidate seeking admission to the course for study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
For Medical Qualification
- MBBS/MDS/Master of Physiotherapist with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomate of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt.
- Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS /MDS/Master of Physio-therapist degree from Medical Colleges not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
For Non Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent/ examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC are eligible.
Non Medical/Life Sciences
- A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics), ME/M.Tech.
Social Behavioral Sciences
- The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development. MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH. Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification. OR
- Have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) examination conducted by, Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, ICMR-JRF/ ICMR – SRF /DBT-JRF /DBT- SRF/Graduate aptitude test (GATE), INSPIRE fellowship /UGC-JRF/UGCSRF/CSIR – JRF/CSIR- SRF/DST – JRF/DST –SRF (within two years only). Attested copy of the result/fellowship award letter must be attached.
- Candidates with the fellowship in the project from (Either independent or in Extramural Project are NOT exempted from entrance examinations (CBT).
For Sponsored Candidates
- Candidate applying for admission as a sponsored/deputed candidate is required to furnish the following Certificates with his/her application from his/her employer for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned is an employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority and should have been working for three years.
- That after getting the training at PGI, Chandigarh, and the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/ sponsoring authority to work at least for five years in the specialty in which the training is received by the candidate at PGI,Chandigarh.
- That no financial implications in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon PGI, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course. Such payment will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.pgimer.edu.in.
- Candidates should fill in the Online Application form correctly. Incorrectly filled forms may lead to rejection.
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in.
- The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling the online application form.
Application Processing and Examination Fees
- General/OBC Category:- Rs. 1500/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
- SC/ST Category:- Rs. 1200/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
- Mode of Payment:- Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Roll Numbers/Admit Cards/Hall ticket for appearing in the entrance examination will be available for download to eligible candidates approximately 10 days in advance and can be downloaded from the website by logging into their accounts on the website with their respective login id and password.
- Roll Numbers / Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post.
- The 1st part of Method of selection i.e. aptitude test comprises (a) General Science (b) English, (c) Biostatistics & Research Methodology consists of 30 marks. These marks are not evenly distributed among three components of the aptitude test. Therefore it is proposed that 10 questions of 1 mark each shall be asked from each of the three components. All questions in this part are compulsory with each question carrying one mark.
- Stream Specific (Medical, Non Medical (Life Science and behavioral Sciences), theory part of the question paper will contain 75 questions and the candidates may attempt any 50 questions.
Entrance Test Pattern
- Mode of Exam :- Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam :- 90 Minutes Part I & II
- Date of Exam :- 05th June, 2021, 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM (90 Minutes)
- Number of Shifts :- 01 (One)
- Exam Centres :- Chandigarh (Tri City), Jalandhar and Delhi (NCR)
- Language of Paper :- English
- Type of Question :- Objective Type
- Marking Scheme :- Correct Answer: One Marks(+): 1
- Incorrect Answer :- Minus one-fourth(-): ¼
- Unanswered/Marked for Review :- 0
- Negative Marking :- There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
Distribution of Marks
- Aptitude Tests Covering General Science, English, Biostatistics and Research Methodology = 30 Marks
- Specialty theory Test( multiple choice questions for the respective theory) = 50 Marks
- Medical MBBS level or; Non Medical Sciences or; Social & Behavioral Sciences
Declaration of Result
- Final results for Fellowship/ Post doctoral Fellowship courses will only be displayed on the PGI website at www.pgimer.edu.in.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website